This anti-inflammatory, easily digestible, and naturally sweetened bowl of strawberry cheesecake overnight oats features four superfoods: oats, berries, chia seeds, and greek yogurt. This same easy recipe works wonderfully with blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Overnight Oats Recipe:
- It’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup without any processed sugar.
- All the ingredients are easily digestible for a gentle tummy.
- You can make all the layers ahead of time for quick assembly in the morning.
- The same recipe works with any berry.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Cream Cheese: You can omit the cream cheese or use a vegan cream cheese.
Greek Yogurt: You can substitute silken tofu, cashew cream, chickpea puree, or vegan yogurt for plain greek yogurt. You can also use Honey or Vanilla flavored greek yogurt instead of mixing your own with honey, vanilla, and salt.
Strawberries: You can substitute blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries for a similar result.
Honey: You can substitute maple syrup, agave nectar, or another liquid sweetener for the honey.
*I have not tested this substitution and can not endorse the result.
How to Make My Strawberry Overnight Oats
Step 1. Prepare the Cream Cheese Layer
Combine 1/2 cup each of whipped cream cheese and greek yogurt in a small bowl. You can also use regular cream cheese, but I’ve found that whipped cream cheese mixes better when cold. Traditional cream cheese needs to be at room temperature to mix well, so you must leave it on the counter for an hour or slightly warm it in the microwave. For convenience, I stick with whipped cream cheese.
Then add the maple syrup and salt, and mix well until blended. You can add a tablespoon of maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter taste.
Step 2. The Oats Layer
Spoon roughly 1/2 cup of premade overnight oats into the bottom of your serving bowl. You can watch my video for the Best, Easy Overnight Oats Recipe. You could also use your favorite granola in place of overnight oats as the bottom layer.
Step 3. The Chia Seed Jam Layer
Adding a layer of my Easy Chia Seed Jam enhances the strawberry flavor and contributes to the cheesecake taste experience 🙂 And more importantly, it adds an additional supercharged superfood, raising the nutritional value. You can watch my Healthy Chia Seed Jam Recipe video to see how easy it is to make.
Step 4. The Cheesecake Layer
Spoon roughly 1/2 cup of the cream cheese and greek yogurt layer over the oats layer.
Step 5. The Berries on Top
Add fresh, chopped strawberries on top of the cheesecake layer. They are the finishing touch on a beautiful dessert and add even more vitamins and minerals.
This recipe works wonderfully with blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. You could even combine the berries for a heavenly breakfast that tastes more like a dessert! But without any processed white sugar 🙂
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup whipped or regular cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup premade overnight oats
- 1/4 cup strawberry chia seed jam
- 1/2 cup cheesecake layer
- 1/3 cup fresh, sliced strawberries
- Combine the cream cheese, greek yogurt, maple syrup, and salt in a small bow. Mix well with a spatula or whisk.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of overnight oats or granola into the bottom of your serving bowl.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of chia seed jam over oats layer.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of cheesecake layer over the chia seed jam.
- Add final 1/3 cup layer of chopped strawberries.