Overnight oats can often taste bland and mushy which is why I came up with some tasty hacks to make my Peaches & Cream Healthy Overnight Oats full of flavor and nutrition!
I’ll show you how to quickly toast your oats to enhance their earthy flavor and texture. Then we’ll make a creamy honey yogurt and super simple almond butter caramel sauce to drizzle over the top. These healthy overnight oats can be easily prepped to quickly enjoy on a busy morning. But I’ll also show you how to beautifully style them to serve for a special breakfast or brunch.
Why You’ll Love This Gluten-Free Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats Recipe
- It’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup & honey without any processed white sugar.
- It is super quick and easy to make.
- The flavor-rich ingredients make it taste amazing!
- All the ingredients are easily digestible for a gentle tummy.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Old-Fashioned Oats: You use an equal amount of quick oats if you do not have old-fashioned oats.
Greek Yogurt: You can substitute silken tofu, cashew cream, chickpea puree, or vegan yogurt for plain greek yogurt. You can also use Honey or Vanilla flavored greek yogurt instead of mixing your own with honey, vanilla, and salt.
Almond Butter: You can substitute peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, or another nut or seed butter for the almond butter.
Honey: You can substitute maple syrup, agave nectar, or another liquid sweetener for the honey.
Maple Syrup: You can substitute honey, agave nectar, or another liquid sweetener for the maple syrup.
Vanilla Extract: You can omit the vanilla extract if you don’t have it.
*I have not tested this substitution and can not endorse the result.
How to Make My Healthy Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats Recipe
Step 1: Toast the Oats
My first hack for adding flavor is to toast the oats first. This step is optional but really enhances the earthy flavor of the oats and makes them slightly crispier while reducing the mushy texture after they’ve been soaked. You can toast several cups of oats at a time, although this recipe only uses one cup.
Melt one tablespoon of butter for every cup of oats you will toast. Stir in the oats and add 1/4 teaspoon for every cup of oats. Mix well and then spread on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Step 2: Fill the Jar
Add the chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, and salt to a jar or container with an air-tight lid. Gently stir with a spoon. Add your milk of choice and the toasted oats. Gently stir with a spoon until well combined. Secure the lid and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Step 3: Make the Caramel Sauce
Combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork until combined.
Step 4: Make the Honey Greek Yogurt
Combine the greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and salt in a bowl. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
Step 5: Assemble your Oats
You can combine the oats, honey, almond caramel sauce, and sliced peaches however you like. You can layer them for a beautiful presentation or mix them all together.
This is my favorite order for a beautiful presentation: oats, finely-diced peaches, honey greek yogurt, almond butter caramel sauce, and larger sliced peaches.
Peach Overnight Oats Recipe Notes
Oats Variations: You have the option to toast the oats for added texture and flavor. Toasted oats lend a nuttier taste and a slight crunch to the overnight oats.
Sweeteners: This recipe uses natural sweeteners like maple syrup and honey, making it a healthier choice. Adjust the sweetness to your preference by adding more or less of these sweeteners.
Storage Time: Overnight oats are best when left in the fridge overnight or for at least 3 hours. This allows the oats to absorb the liquid and become creamy and flavorful.
Almond Butter Caramel Sauce: This sauce adds a delightful richness to the oats. Feel free to make extra and use it for other dishes like drizzling over ice cream or pancakes.
Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats w/ Honey Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup old-fashion oats
- 1 cup milk (almond milk is my fave)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 peach
Honey Greek Yogurt:
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
Almond Butter Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Toasted Oats (optional):
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add 1 cup of oats and a pinch of salt to the bowl and stir until all the oats are lightly coated with the butter.
- Spread the oats out on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 350°F for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container until use.
- Add all the milk, maple syrup, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and salt to a jar or container. Gently stir with a spoon until incorporated.
- Add 1 cup of (toasted) oats.
- Place lid on jar and store in the fridge overnight or at least 3 hours.
Almond Butter Caramel Sauce:
- NOTE: This sauce is optional. This recipe will make up more than you need for two servings of overnight oats. Combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork until combined.
Honey Greek Yogurt:
- Combine the greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and salt in a bowl. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- You can combine the oats, honey, almond caramel sauce, and sliced peaches however you like. You can layer them for a beautiful presentation or mix them all together. This is my favorite order for a beautiful presentation: oats, finely-diced peaches, honey greek yogurt, almond butter caramel sauce, and larger sliced peaches.