If you or your family are like me, you’ve watched them pour so much syrup on their plate the pancakes are practically floating. And if you’re trying to make the healthier choice of using maple syrup, that becomes a very expensive puddle. That’s why I created this recipe for buttery maple syrup with applesauce. Not only does it stretch out the maple syrup, but it adds nutritional value and is even more flavorful.
Why You’ll Love This Apple Maple Syrup Recipe:
- It’s naturally sweetened without any processed sugar.
- All the ingredients are easily digestible for a gentle tummy.
- It makes your maple syrup last longer.
- The simple ingredients are affordable and easy to find.
How Do You Make Apple Maple Syrup?
Step 1: Combine All the Ingredients
Combine the applesauce, maple syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Gently stir and warm in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until the butter is melted. Stir and enjoy! You can also warm the syrup in a small saucepan on the stove.
This apple maple syrup is so easy to make; there’s only one step! This syrup is particularly tasty with my Fluffy Oat Pancakes.
Apple Maple Syrup
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash salt
- Combine the applesauce, maple syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Gently stir and warm in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until the butter is melted. Stir and enjoy! You can also warm the syrup in a small saucepan on the stove.
Super fast to make, and just the right amount of sweetness! We like it as a stir-in with Greek yogurt, too.