This is my favorite way to enjoy nutritionally supercharged, superfood sweet potatoes. The storebought, deep-fried sweet potato chips crumble in nutritional comparison to this equally delicious recipe. With a small amount of olive oil and a few simple seasonings, these chips are ready to enjoy in less than 15 minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Sweet Potato Chips Recipe:
- All you need are sweet potatoes, oil, and a few seasonings.
- They only take about 20 minutes to make.
- The crispy texture creates the perfect scoop for any dip.
- It’s a delicious way to enjoy a supercharged superfood!
How Do You Make My Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries?
Step 2. Mix the Seasoning
Pour two tablespoons of olive oil into a medium-sized mixing bowl. My favorite oil is extra light olive oil and stainless steel mixing bowls. Then add the remaining seasonings and quickly mix with a spatula.
Step 3. Coat The Sweet Potatoes
Mix the sliced sweet potatoes by hand in the oil and seasonings making sure to coat both sides of every chip.
Step 4. Load the Air Fryer
Evenly spread the sweet potato slices across the bottom of the air fryer basket. The pieces can overlap slightly but do not place them entirely on each other. Then bake the chips at 380°F for ten minutes in the air fryer.
Step 5. Check the Chips
Take the tray out of the air fryer, check the sweet potato chips for doneness, and remove any completely brown chips. Cook the remaining chips for an additional 2-3 minutes. The chips will continue to crisp once placed on the counter to cool.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- Rinse and peel the sweet potato.
- Slice the sweet potato across the width into 1/8" thick medallions. A mandoline slicer works best, but you can also use a knife.
- Pour oil and seasonings in a medium size mixing bowl and gently stir until blended.
- Drop half the sweet potato slices in the bowl and toss them by hand to coat both sides of each slice with the oil and seasoning mix.
- Spread the coated sweet potato slices evenly in the bottom of the air fryer. They can gently overlap.
- Cook at 380 F for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, pull out the tray and remove any slices that are fully cooked. Spread around any remaining slices and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Empty chips onto the cutting board and allow them to cool for a few minutes. They will continue to crisp as they cool.