Make my quick and easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe naturally sweetened with maple syrup. They have everything you want in a delicious cookie, including a crispy outside and a soft, chewy inside. And without the ingredients you don’t want, such as processed white sugar, brown sugar, and white flour.
Why You’ll Love This Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- It’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup without any processed sugar.
- All the ingredients are easily digestible for a gentle tummy.
- The cookies are super quick and easy to make.
- The simple ingredients are affordable and easy to find.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Almond Flour: You can replace with oat flour.
Maple Syrup: You can use honey or agave syrup instead.
Coconut Oil: This recipe relies on the consistency of coconut oil. I do not recommend replacing it.
Vanilla Extract: You can omit or replace with half as much almond extract.
Almond Extract: You can omit.
Egg: You can replace with one flax seed egg.
Chocolate Chips: You can use any variety of chocolate chips you like, including dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate. To make this dairy-free, choose a dairy-free variety.
How Do You Make My Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Step 1: Cream the Syrup and Oil
Mix the maple syrup and coconut oil in a medium-sized mixing bowl. The coconut oil should be solid but soft. If it’s melted, place it in the fridge for a few minutes to solidify. I like to use the whisk with my favorite immersion blender.
Step 2: Add the Egg and Vanilla
Add one egg and the vanilla, then mix until the egg is incorporated.
Step 3. Add the Dry Ingredients
Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until blended. Then stir in your favorite chocolate chips.
Step 4: Scoop and Bake
You can add the chocolate chips to the batter and scoop them onto your cookie sheet.
Another option is to keep the chocolate chips separate, add a few chocolate chips to your cookie scoop, then scoop it into the cookie dough, and then release it onto your cookie sheet. Then, the chocolate chips will be on top of the cookie. Gently push down on the chocolate to spread and shape the cookie. They will not spread during baking, so you can shape them before they are baked.
Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Almond Flour Recipe
- 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix the maple syrup and coconut oil in a medium-sized mixing bowl. The coconut oil should be solid but soft. If it’s melted, place it in the fridge for a few minutes to solidify.
- Add one egg and the vanilla, then mix until the egg is incorporated.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until blended. Then stir in your favorite chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter to form balls with either a stainless steel cookie scoop or a spoon. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- The cookies will not spread during baking. If you would like them to have a wider, flatter shape, gently press them with the backside of a spatula immediately after they come out of the oven and are still warm.