Spaghetti squash is a winter vegetable rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It’s also low in calories but high in fiber, making them a welcome guest to any dinner plate. They are one of my favorites for enjoying classic Italian recipes without pasta. I’ll show you I quickly cook spaghetti squash noodles in 45 minutes.
Why You’ll Love Eating Spaghetti Squash Noodles:
- They’re easily digestible for a gentle tummy.
- Their subtle flavor combines well with a variety of sauces.
- Spaghetti squash are affordable and easy to find.
- They’re a gluten-free alternative to pasta.
How Do You Make My Spaghetti Squash Noodles?
Step 1. Cut the Squash
Spaghetti squash has a very thick skin similar to a pumpkin. You’ll want to cut it in half with a very sharp knife. I recommend using a towel to help hold it steady and protect your hand from the blade slipping. Begin by cutting off about half an inch from both ends. This will help the ends of the squash cook through.
Step 2. Cut the Squash in Half
You can cut the squash down the length or across the width. The noodles run the width of the squash. If you want longer noodle strands, cut the spaghetti squash across the width. If you want to have shorter noodles or serve the noodles out of the skin, cut the spaghetti squash down the length. I think it’s easier to cut it across the width.
Step 3. Scrape Out The Seeds
Use a large spoon to scrape out the seeds from the center of both halves of the squash.
Step 4. Prepare to Cook Spaghetti Squash
Lightly spray the inside of both halves with oil. I like to use avocado oil. Or, you can use a pastry brush or your fingers to lightly brush the insides with oil from a bottle such as olive oil. Then place both halves upside down on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 400ºF for 45 minutes.
Step 5. Unleash The Noodles
Remove the sheet from the oven and allow it to cool. Using a fork, scrape the spaghetti noodles from the skin and enjoy with your favorite sauce! I recommend eating them with my Healthy Alfredo Sauce and some pans-seared chicken.
Spaghetti Squash Noodles
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- Carefully cut the ends off the spaghetti squash.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, either length or width-wise.
- Scrape out and discard the seeds using a large spoon.
- Lightly spray the insides of the spaghetti squash and lay them upside down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the spaghetti squash at 400ºF for 45 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow to cool.
- Using a fork, gently pull scrape out the spaghetti noodles and enjoy!