Make my Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup with Cottage Cheese and simple ingredients for a delicious soup the whole family will love! Especially on busy weeknights or a cold day. This easy chicken noodle soup recipe is made in one pot with tender chicken and fresh veggies, including carrots, celery, onion, and fresh garlic. I’ve also added a few superfoods to this gluten-free soup recipe, including yellow zucchini and cottage cheese for a hearty bowl of chicken soup. This is sure to become one of your family’s favorite soups and comfort foods, just like mine 🙂
Why You’ll Love This Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- You only need a few major ingredients.
- It is super easy to make for an impressive result.
- The flavor-rich ingredients make it taste amazing!
- All the ingredients are easily digestible for a gentle tummy.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: You can replace it with chicken thighs, leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or any other pre-cooked chicken.
Gluten-Free Egg Tagliatelle Pasta: Substitute with your favorite gluten-free pasta noodles like rice noodles, quinoa noodles, chickpea noodles, or gluten-free egg noodles.
Butter: Replace with a dairy-free alternative like margarine or coconut oil for a dairy-free option.
Chicken Broth: Use homemade chicken broth or replace it with vegetable broth.
Light Olive Oil: Stick with olive oil or use other oils like avocado oil or vegetable oil.
Dried Parsley, Thyme, and Bay Leaves: You can omit or replace them with your favorite fresh or dried herbs, including fresh dill to taste.
Cottage Cheese: You can omit or replace it with cream cheese or sour cream.
Yellow Zucchini: You can omit or replace it with green zucchini.
White Onion: Use any variety of onion you like. Replace with green onions or shallots if you prefer a milder flavor.
Carrots and Celery: You can replace them with your favorite fresh veggies.
Fresh Garlic: You can replace it with dried garlic.
How to Make My Chicken Noodle Soup with Veggies Recipe
Step 1: Prepare the Vegetables
Prepare the fresh vegetables by dicing the white onion, yellow zucchini, carrots, celery, and fresh garlic. Thinly slice the zucchini and carrots so they will cook faster.
Step 2: Prepare the Chicken
Place two boneless, skinless chicken breasts in plastic bags and pound until they’re an even thickness.
Sprinkle both sides with flaky sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and a dash of pepper. Set aside.
Step 3: Saute the Vegetables
In a large pot, sauté diced yellow zucchini, white onion, and garlic in butter until the zucchini is fork tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Step 4: Brown the Chicken
Add olive oil to the pot, then brown the seasoned chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side.
While the chicken is cooking, combine cottage cheese, sautéed vegetables, and 1/2 cup of chicken stock in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Step 5: Cook the Soup
To the pot of chicken, add gluten-free chicken broth, diced carrots, diced celery, salt, thyme, parsley, and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
Then, remove bay leaves from the pot. Take out the cooked chicken breasts.
Stir the blended cottage cheese and vegetable mixture into the pot. Add pasta noodles.
Shred the chicken, return it to the pot, and cook for an additional 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
Spoon into a soup bowl and enjoy!
Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Notes
Chicken Seasoning: Pounding the chicken first to an even thickness tenderizes the meat and helps it cook through quickly. It also provides more surface area for seasonings which enhances the flavor.
Vegetable Camouflage: Blending the cottage cheese with the cooked zucchini and onions thoroughly to achieve a smooth texture contributes to a creamy and rich consistency without visible detection 🙂
Adjusting Consistency: If the soup becomes too thick, add additional chicken broth until the desired consistency is achieved.
Bay Leaves Reminder: Remember to remove bay leaves before serving to avoid accidentally consuming them.
Seasoning Adjustments: Taste the soup before serving and adjust the salt, pepper, or additional herbs if needed.
Do you love comforting soups? Check out more of my easy and nutritious soup recipes:
Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup with Cottage Cheese Recipe
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 4 ounces gluten-free egg tagliatelle pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 4 bay leaves
- Place two boneless, skinless chicken breasts in plastic bags and pound until they're an even thickness.Sprinkle both sides with flaky sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and a dash of pepper. Set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté diced yellow zucchini, white onion, and garlic in butter until the zucchini is fork tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add olive oil to the pot, then brown the seasoned chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side.While the chicken is cooking, combine cottage cheese, sautéed vegetables, and 1/2 cup of chicken stock in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- To the pot of chicken, add gluten-free chicken broth, diced carrots, diced celery, salt, thyme, parsley, and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.Then, remove bay leaves from the pot. Take out the cooked chicken breasts.Stir the blended cottage cheese and vegetable mixture into the pot. Add pasta noodles.Shred the chicken, return it to the pot, and cook for an additional 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.Spoon into a soup bowl and enjoy!
This soup recipe is really easy to make and I love the ‘hidden’ vegetables. Will be making this one often! I added a few more carrots. Thank you for such a great recipe!