You’ll feel like you’re eating traditional cookie dough with a few simple, nutrient-dense, and flavor-rich ingredients in my Double Chocolate Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough! You’ll simply mix cottage cheese, protein powder, almond flour, cocoa powder, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract, and chocolate chips. Then, enjoy your edible gluten-free double chocolate chip cottage cheese cookie dough straight from the bowl, or scoop it into balls and freeze it for later.
You’ll feel like a kid again eating cookie dough guilt-free. And you’ll bring a smile to everyone’s face as you share this nutrient-dense snack disguised as a treat. And no one will guess it’s made with cottage cheese!
Why You’ll Love My Double Chocolate Edible Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough Recipe
- It’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup without any processed white sugar.
- It is super quick and easy to make.
- The flavor-rich ingredients make it taste amazing!
- All the ingredients are easily digestible for a gentle tummy.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Cottage Cheese: You can substitute silken tofu, cashew cream, chickpea puree, or vegan yogurt for cottage cheese.*
Almond Butter: You can substitute peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, or another nut or seed butter for the almond butter.
Maple Syrup: You can substitute honey, agave nectar, or another liquid sweetener for the maple syrup.
Vanilla Extract: You can omit the vanilla extract if you don’t have it.
Almond Extract: You can omit the almond extract if you don’t have it.
Salt: You can omit the salt if you don’t like salty cookie dough.
Almond Flour: You can substitute oat flour, tapioca flour, or another gluten-free flour for almond flour.*
Oat Flour: You can omit the oat flour and add an equal amount of almond flour if you don’t have it.
Protein Powder: You can use your favorite vanilla or chocolate-flavored protein powder. If you use an unflavored protein powder, you may need to add more sweetener. Adjust to taste.*
Chocolate Chips: You can use your favorite type of chocolate chips.
*I have not tested this substitution.
How Do You Make My Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Edible Cookie Dough?
Step 1: Blend the Wet Ingredients
Mix the cottage cheese, cocoa powder, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt in a blender, food processor, or, my favorite, the chopper cup with my immersion blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
STEP 2. Add the Dry Ingredients
Pour the cottage cheese mixture into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the almond flour, oat flour, and protein powder. Stir with a spatula until well-combined.
Step 3: Add the Chocolate Chips
Add the chocolate chips and stir until blended. Then dig in with a spoon and enjoy!
Double Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe Notes:
Almond and Oat Flours: Using a combination of almond flour and oat flour not only provides a pleasant texture but also ensures that this cookie dough is gluten-free. Make your own oat flour by grinding rolled oats in a blender or food processor until finely ground.
Protein Powder: The recipe calls for vanilla protein powder, but you can customize this based on your preferences. If you don’t have protein powder on hand, you can replace it with more almond or oat flour without affecting the overall taste.
Chocolate Chips: You can use any type of chocolate chips you prefer, whether it’s semi-sweet, dark chocolate, or dairy-free chocolate chips to keep the recipe dairy-free.
Customization: Feel free to get creative with this recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins, such as dried fruits, shredded coconut, or crushed pretzels, to make your own unique version of edible cookie dough.
Check out all my Delicious Gluten-Free Edible Cookie Dough Recipes with Cottage Cheese
Edible Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or chocolate protein powder (or more almond or oat flour)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix the cottage cheese, cocoa powder, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, almond extract, and salt in a blender, food processor, or, my favorite, the chopper cup with my immersion blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cottage cheese mixture into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the almond flour, oat flour, and protein powder. Stir with a spatula until well-combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until blended. Then dig in with a spoon and enjoy!